Each time you open an application or process for the first time, A Firewall is included in Avast Internet Security and Each time you open an application or process for the first time, A Firewall is included in Avast Internet Security and Avast Premier. Rules are set up to determine how Firewall works towards each process or application when it is connected to a network. Although these rules or new rules can be managed by advanced users whenever it is necessary, Avast Support Canada recommends you to modify your Application Rules if absolutely required.
Now follow the below-provided instructions to set up rules in your software.
Perform the following steps to create a new rule in an application:
- Open your Avast Antivirus on your system and head to Avast user interface.
- Select the option of Protection and click on Firewall.
- At the bottom of the screen, go to Application Settings.
- Click on the option of ‘New application rule’ and choose a group (vendor).
- Find and choose the executable file need to be added.
- Select the name of the group and then using the orange bars indicate the levels of access. Here if you wish to create new groups, click on New Group and set a name for the group.
To modify access restrictions follow the below-mentioned steps:
To check incoming and outgoing communication arrange connection allowances for Firewall or every application. Now select the name of a vendor and then in the Allowed connections column use the orange bars to modify the settings authorization level:
- One bar (Friends out) reflects that the outgoing connections are linked with Friends networks only.
- Two bars (Friends in/out) shows that the incoming & outgoing connections are for Friends networks only.
- Three bars (Internet out) means all connections to the internet.
- Four bars Friends in and Internet out indicates that incoming connections are linked with Friends networks only & all outgoing connections are linked to the internet.
- Five bars (All connections): all connections to the internet.
We hope you are satisfied with the above process, if require any further help to understand the things in details, you must Contact Avast Technical Support and get the related information from our experts. Our team will suggest you with the appropriate steps to be taken to resolve your any issue or queries regarding any product. So make a call on your Avast support number 1-855-254-6999 and get the instant replies.
Read More Posts: – How to Temporarily Disable the Firewall of Avast Antivirus?